This lasagna recipe has been made every other week since the beginning of the year. It tastes amazing hot or cold, freezes well and would be great for a party. Just serve with a nice big salad!
*not at the moment though, this is Spring 2020…. #lockdownlife
A few options for adapting for your macros/requirements:
- reduce fat further by using turkey mince or low fat cheese
- use meat-free mince and a vegetarian stock cube to make it vegetarian
It is adapted from a recipe on Where is my Spoon.
- 100 g onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 240 g grated carrots
- 10 g olive oil
- 1 kg 5% mince beef
- 30 g tomato puree
- 800 g chopped tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika powder
- 300 g 0% fat Greek yogurt
- 200 ml beef stock made from 1 cube
- 150 g grated cheese divided
- 300 g lasagna sheets Napolina are my favourite
- sea salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius / Gas mark 6
- Heat the oil in a pan and saute the onion until translucent. Add the garlic and the carrots, saute for a couple of minutes more.
- Add the mince beef and let it get a bit brown. Break the meat lumps with a spoon while the meat is cooking.
- Add the tomato puree, stir well and saute for 1 more minute.
- Add the tomatoes, oregano, paprika, salt and pepper to taste and bring everything to a boil. Simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime mix together the yogurt and the hot stock.
- Add 1/2 of the grated cheese to the yogurt mixture and stir well.
Assemble the yogurt lasagna:
- Place a layer of the meat sauce in a large rectangular casserole dish, just enough sauce to thinly cover the bottom of the dish.
- Place lasagna sheets on top, add 1/3 of the meat sauce and 1/3 of the yogurt sauce.
- Repeat the procedure: lasagna sheets, 1/3 of the meat sauce, 1/3 of the yogurt sauce.
- Again: lasagna, rest meat sauce, rest yogurt sauce.
- Sprinkle with the remaining grated cheese.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until the lasagna sheets are cooked through and the cheese is golden brown. Check by inserting a fork in the casserole, the pasta should be soft.
- Let the lasagna set for 5 to 10 minutes, cut into 8 slices and serve with a salad.